Duolingo English Test - ALL YOU MUST KNOW!
Duolingo English Test tips Duolingo English Test sample questions Duolingo English Test question types Which universities accepting Duolingo English Test Duo...
- The questions are short, there is no long passages
- Once you hit next or skip a section, you can't go back
- The questions are adaptive, meaning once you get a question right, you're gonna get harder questions
- There is only one practice tests, though you'll get repetitive questions but a lot of the time some questions are new. So take that test as many times as you can.
- There are some types of questions in the real tests that are not included in the practice tests.
Question Type 1: Pick the real word
- If you're not sure about the word, don't click it.
- Pay attention to the spelling. Don't click on the misspelled word.
Question Type 2: Listen and pick the real word
Question Type 3: Complete the missing letters
- skip the ones you don't know because you'll miss the rest if you don't
Question Type 4: Describe the picture in writing or aloud
- You've to write at least one or more complete sentences.
Question type 5: Talk about a picture in 2 to 3 minutes (Included in the real test)
Question type 6: Describe an image quickly
- Use sentence like "This is a cat", "This is a fish"
- If you want to be creative, you can use adjectives like "This is a big cow", "This is a black cat"
Question type 7: Type out a sentence you hear
- You have only three chances to hear the sentence
- Write as much as you remember of the first time
- Complete the sentence in second time
- Double check in third time
Question type 8: Record yourself saying a written sentence
- Quickly scan the sentence and start recording
- Your clock will not be reset when you hit recording
- What the youtuber did wrong was thought if he clicks on "Record" button it's gonna give him time to record, which isn't correct. Once you hit Record, you're done.
Question type 9: Answer a written question or spoken question
Question Demo: What is your favorite subject in school?
- What is it?
- Why do you like it?
- How long have you studied it?
- Why is it important to you?
- Listen carefully to the question as it will not be repeated
- Use examples
- Use your time
- Use various sentence types
- After 30 seconds it lets you to hit next but you shouldn't. You should use your time and show that you can speak. Take as much time as you need.
- (When it comes to a speaking question, you can hear the question and quickly start recording, in case you don't remember the question)
Question type 10: Respond to a written question
(You have five minutes to respond & use at least 50 words)
- Use your lexical resources
- Use various sentence types
- Leave one minute for editing
Question type 11: Video interview (Speaking and Writing)
(This section will not be graded but it'll be sent to universities)
- Show your best
- Speak up to 3 minutes
- Write for 5 minutes (As much as you can)